The Ida C. Koran Trust (the “Trust,” “we,” “us,” and “our”), owns the Web site located at www.idakorantrust.org (this “Site”). This Site provides information about the Trust, including details on how you can seek financial assistance for unexpected hardships or academic purposes.
This policy went into effect on August 9, 2010.
Your Obligation to Provide Truthful Information
You may be asked to submit personal information to this Site. For example, if you use this Site to inquire about your eligibility for financial assistance from the Trust, you will be asked to provide your name and contact information, as well as a description of the financial difficulty you face. You may also include personal information in any story you submit through this Site about assistance you or someone you know has received from the Trust. If you submit personal information to the Trust through this Site, the information you submit must be true, accurate, current, and complete.
This Site invites individuals who have received financial assistance from the Trust to submit a story about how they benefitted from that assistance. The stories you submit are reviewed by the Trust administrator (and in some cases the trustees) and may subsequently be posted on this Site. In submitting a story, please keep the following in mind:
Restrictions on Stories. You may not submit any story on or through this Site that
- violates any copyright, trademark rights, patent rights, rights in know-how, privacy or publicity rights, trade secret rights, confidentiality rights, contract rights, or other rights of any individual or legal entity;
- is harmful; hateful; threatening; abusive; harassing; defamatory or libelous; sexually explicit, vulgar, lewd, obscene, or pornographic; racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive; inappropriate; or inflammatory;
- you know (or reasonably should know) is false, deceptive or misleading;
- contains information that could be used for identity theft purposes, such social security numbers, credit card, bank account or other financial information, driver’s license numbers, security codes or passwords;
- contains “private” or “sensitive” information about any other individual, such as information about that person’s sex life, political opinions, criminal charges or convictions, religious or philosophical beliefs, physical or mental health conditions, or other sensitive matters, without first obtaining that person’s express permission;
- contains the image, name, or likeness of anyone other than yourself, unless that person is over eighteen and you have first obtained that individual’s express permission;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- links to materials or other content, directly or indirectly, to which you do not have a right to link or that violates these restrictions;
- violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law; or
- is inconsistent with the values or the spirit of the Trust.
You are legally responsible for the content of any story you submit on or through this Site. If any part of your story is not your original work, it is your responsibility to obtain permission from the copyright owner before you submit your story.
Ownership of Stories. If a story is your original work, then you own the copyright in that work and you do not forfeit that ownership interest by submitting the story to the Trust through this Site.
However, by submitting a story to the Trust through this Site you are granting us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, a nonexclusive, fully-paid, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, and royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, modify, distribute, publicly display and perform, publish, transmit, remove, retain, repurpose and commercialize that story in any and all media or form of communication whether now existing or hereafter developed, without notification, compensation, or attribution to you, and without your consent, and the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the story, if we choose to do so.
Ownership of Site and Its Content
Copyrights. As between you and the Trust, the Trust and its licensors own and reserve the copyrights in this Site, including all of its Content, except that you own the copyright in any story that you submit to the Trust and that is subsequently posted to this Site.
Trademarks. All trade names, trademarks and service marks displayed on this Site are the registered or unregistered trademarks of the Trust, or its licensors, or other third parties (collectively, the “Trademarks”) and are protected by U.S. and international trademark laws and treaties. You may not use any Trademarks displayed on this Site without the prior express written permission of the Trust or the trademark owner.
Other Restrictions on Your Use of this Site
You may not use this Site
- to access (or attempt to access) areas or features of this Site for which you do not have the proper authorization;
- to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age, or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- in a manner that violates any national, state, local or international law, rule or regulation;
- for any commercial purpose, including to advertise, promote or sell products or services;
- to further or promote any criminal or illegal activity or to provide instructional information about illegal activities;
- in a manner that interferes with, disables, disrupts, impairs, or creates an undue burden on the networks or services that support this Site;
- to harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications; or
- in a manner that we determine, in our sole discretion, restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying this Site.
Removal of Content
Violation of Copyrights/Copyright Agent. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you are the copyright owner (or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner), please notify our Copyright Agent immediately of any copyright infringement. As soon as we receive your notice of claimed infringement, in the form described below, we will promptly remove or disable access to materials that are claimed to be infringing (or the subject of infringing activity). Your notice must be in writing and must include the following:
- a description of the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed (or if you believe multiple copyrighted works have been infringed, a representative list);
- a description of the material you believe is infringing or the subject of infringing activity, together with enough information to permit us to locate the material;
- enough information to permit us to contact you, such as, your name, address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the allegedly infringing use of the material was not authorized by the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed (the “copyright owner”),
- an agent for the copyright owner, or by law;
- a statement that all of the information you have provided is accurate; and
- a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Your notice must be signed (physically or electronically) and must be addressed as follows:
Sue Mortensen, Trust Administrator
Ida C. Koran Trust
c/o Ecolab Inc.
370 Wabasha St N
St. Paul, MN 55102
Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon the Trust actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident.
Right to Modify or Discontinue Site
The Trust reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. The Trust shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of this Site.
Links to Other Sites
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE TRUST MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE, ANY CONTENT ON THIS SITE, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROMOTED THROUGH THIS SITE. THIS SITE AND ALL OF ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE TRUST DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY STATUTE, CUSTOM OR COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR IN ANY OTHER WAY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON–INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE TRUST DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THIS SITE. THE TRUST DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY OPINION, ADVICE, COMMENT OR STATEMENT MADE ON THIS SITE BY USERS, AND STORIES BY AWARD RECIPIENTS DO NOT IN ANY WAY REFLECT THE OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF THE TRUST.
Limitations Of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL THE TRUST, OR ITS ADMINISTRATORS, TRUSTEES, SPONSORS, LICENSORS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT, ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE, OR YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE DUE TO VIRUSES THAT MAY AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, DATA OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL FROM THIS SITE.
THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFITS), WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE TRUST OR ANOTHER RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE SUCCESS OR EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES.
IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE TRUST, ITS ADMINISTRATORS, TRUSTEES, SPONSORS, LICENSORS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES TO YOU OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Children Under the Age of Thirteen
We are proud of this Site and we strive to ensure that it does not offend people of any age. However, this Site is not intended for children or minors under the age of thirteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted personal information on or through this Site without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us by e-mail at Sue@idakorantrust.org or by phone at 651.293.2392 so that we can take appropriate action.
Choice of Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
Statute of Limitations
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us by telephone, e-mail, fax or postal mail:
Ida C. Koran Trust
c/o Ecolab Inc.
370 Wabasha St N
St. Paul, MN 55102